Wednesday, April 25, 2012

home sweet apt

Since I'm still the worst and have no time to actually write about anything today (or yesterday or the day before) I'll just add some photos from last weekend's dinner with my brother-in-law and his girlfriend. We're really happy with how our home has turned out, collecting things over the years.

When we first got married everything was bare, because I refuse to buy things just to have them or just to decorate/fill space. I will not buy something unless I love it, and if nothing out there fits the picture in my mind, I just wait until it comes. Our furniture = years of Christmas and birthdays. Instead of presents, when we were lucky enough to buy we'd choose to get something we needed as a family instead...$20 IKEA coffee table, ho ho ho! A five year work in progress (five years ago is when we started really dreaming and picking things out for a life together) things are really cozy now. We know IKEA doesn't last forever as many will point out, but that's part of why we like it, because we know our taste will change over the years too. That and we can afford it. That and it cleans up reeeeally easy. If one thing feels complete so far in life, it's home. Home is a good start, right?

Our Nest

Jon loves to cook and I just love to have people over, so now that we can finally really do it we're trying to book friends and family throughout the year!

Holy cannoli...


Oh look, I ended up filling an entry after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment