Sunday, April 15, 2012

favorite iPhone apps

Pinterest - Do I have to explain? Click for my boards, if you care :)

Pandora - I haven't listened to broadcast radio in ages. Now everyone can see my ridiculous taste (not even a smidgen of it)...



IMDB - Jon "Hey look it's Katy Perry" Me "That's Zooey Deschanel"
Him "Nah that's Katy Perry. You know, the chick from Elf" Me "What? Um, no babe"
(pull up IMDB app, instant win)

other scenario - "Omg who's that guy...in the other movie, with the thing...you know right? The one with the hair!" "I know who you're talking about I just can't...dammit!"
(pull up IMDB, save everyone from growing aneurysm)

Countdowns - I like seeing how close I am to excitement!!!



Fooducate - A grocery shopping must! Scan the barcode of a product and it gives it a health grade, plus offers suggestions on what you could try instead. It's amazing how many things are marketed to be healthy but end up being the worst! I'm also picking up a lot of awesome products I would have overlooked otherwise.

Gratitude - I'm definitely an annual victim of the winter blues. This year I discovered the Gratitude app, a really cute little way to count your blessings before bed, look over it later and feel a bit better. If I can't come up with specifics for a given day, I just put the obvious. I don't stick to it every day, or weeks even (I'm not great at that stuff...so what do I do? start a blog) but it's nice to have there and reflect on a crummy day.



111 Things - This year is our year of the BUCKET LIST, the year of "let's do whatever random things we come up with while no one else is depending on us", and this is the simplest app for it! It gives you 111 ideas and you can delete/add your own. I pretty much added all of my own, but I love that it gives you inspiration to start. When you check it off, it automatically dates it (or you can edit if you want to include things you've already accomplished, which would also be cool)



Baby Names - When the moment comes, after we've had so many conversations through the years about name ideas, I don't want to forget it all and have to start back at square one. So I carry a phone list of possibilities. We strongly agree on a few (yay!) but I won't share - we'd like to be able to keep final choices secret until birth, but we'll see how that goes (I'll bust, I'm sure). We've got some time.



Games - I don't play games that often. I do have Tiny Wings, Words With Friends, Draw Something, and Baby Monkey Riding On A Pig (a random, slap happy download and great song to annoy friends with)




Any must-have app suggestions? :)

1 comment:

  1. These are awesome apps!
    And I love those baby name :)

    ReplyDelete